Learing to Crop Your Photos

• Official Post

Did YOU find this POST on Proper Cropping informative? 3

1. YES (2) 67%
    2. Undecided (1) 33%
    3. NO (0) 0%
    4. Yes I look forward to applying these technics! (0) 0%

Probably the single most often made mistake many inexperienced photographers make is not properly cropping their photos before publishing them to the internet!

A photo which is not cropped properly is basically a photograph which affects the viewer in two basic ways:

First, an improper cropped photo will nearly always have one or more “visual elements” which add nothing to the quality off the photo but instead are a distraction to the viewer even though the person looking at the photo may not be consciously aware of this fact!

Second, improper cropping hinders or sometimes even prevents an otherwise excellent photograph from being judged as a shinning testament to the photographer’s advanced skills and expertise.

The best way to illustrate proper cropping Vs. improper cropping is to show actual examples of photos “before” and “after” cropping has been applied.

Included in this post are two such examples. Take your time, look at these examples carefully. Now which photo do YOU fine more appealing in each

of the two examples? Hint: Ask yourself, what do you assume or conclude to be the chief focus or intent of the photographed subject?

DJ and the 4WardXposure2 Forum Staff would appreciate it if YOU would take a minute or two in giving your honest and unbiased answer. Also, please feel free to VOTE in the Poll Question which has been attached to this Post!

Click on photos to expand and view

Please login to see this attachment.                              Please login to see this attachment.

PHOTO BEFORE CROPPING WAS APPLIED
    PHOTO AFTER CROPPING CROPPING WAS APPLIED

Please login to see this attachment.                                        Please login to see this attachment.

PHOTO AFTER CROPPING WAS APPLIEDPHOTO BEFORE CROPPING WAS APPLIED

I like my COFFEE black :) and my MEN obedient ;)

Edited 2 times, last by Admin: Added Poll and placed Descriptive Text under photos ().

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!